Nom du programme/ université/Program or University Name : CEA Study Abroad Grenoble
Intitulé du poste/Job Title : Academic Coordinator
Nature du poste/Job Type : Part Time or Full Time administrative position
Lieu du poste/Location : Grenoble
Type de contrat : CDD 10 months, renewable
job description :
Position availability :
This position will serve as primary contact for students and faculty regarding general academic advising and all everyday academic issues at the CEA center. The Academic Coordinator will also manage placements in our Internship Program. This position also involves assisting the Directors in all aspects of registration onsite, the coordination of class schedules, syllabi, timetable, classroom use, classroom facilities, faculty, museum entries and academic field trips, and student services related to the CEA Study Center.
While the Academic Coordinator contributes to all aspects of programming including the preparation and execution of student arrivals, orientation, excursions and activities, as well as the preparation and management of Student and faculty Housing as needed, the main focus of the position is coordinating Academic Affairs and the Internship program.
• Review student course selections and work with Partner institutions on registrations and placements
• Provide language institutions and other partner institutions with student registration information
• Manage language placement process (as appropriate) and communicate to students the results of placement tests
• Support Program Director in the communication with home universities and CEA headquarters regarding student registration and any changes to student status or registration
Coordination of Faculty
• Collaborate with faculty to establish course schedules, equipment needs, course outings and general educational support for in-house courses
• Solicit student progress reports from faculty or partner institutions as needed
• Coordinate updates to and collection of semester syllabi
• Distribute and collect Course Evaluation forms to all students
• Be available during working hours in person, by email and telephone to students who have questions or comments about academic issues
• Assist in the creation, organization and presentation of Student Academic Orientation
• Assist in the production and development of the Academics section of the Student Program Guide
• Monitor student attendance and progress with host institutions and inform Center Director of potential problems
• Source local internship opportunities for CEA students
• Establish internship placements based on compatibility and good fit for each internship student
• Liaise with internship companies, CEA faculty, CEA headquarters and students to ensure successful experiences
• Set up advising meetings with current students to ensure positive progress in internships
Student Affairs Support
• Assist when needed in sourcing, organizing and facilitating bookings for orientation, co-curricular activities and excursions for standard and custom programs
• Assist when needed in sourcing, preparing and managing student and faculty housing
• Assist in the planning and coordination of visits from third parties or student providers
• Establish opportunities for students to engage with local culture and language
• Develop and participate in activities and excursions as assigned
• Conduct portions of student orientation as assigned
• Be responsible for general office duties as assigned
• Provide day to day advising and attention to students’ information and support needs (doctor appointments, general questions, required information)
• Participate, encourage and assist students in areas of cultural adaptation, linguistic acquisition, and fulfillment of objectives during their program.
• Participate in the CEA emergency cell phone rotation
Excellent communication skills
• Previous experience working in customer service
• Experience in working with groups
• Mature, resourceful, out-going and assertive
• Proactive, flexible and able to work under pressure
• Team player and responsive
• Organization skills
• Knowledge of the city and its cultural/leisure offer
• Networking skills
• Empathy and inclusive mindset
• Enthusiastic about studying abroad and international education
Fluency in spoken and written English and French.
• University Degree (equivalent to Bachelor’s), Master’s preferred.
• Must be authorized to work in France.
• Previous experience working in customer service.
• Previous experience interacting with U.S. college students.
• Previous study abroad experience.
• Solid computer abilities (Microsoft Office and Internet proficiency).
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
Work environment: CEA office Grenoble. Required travel within Grenoble and on selected excursion and activity locations within Western Europe.
Participation in the CEA emergency cell phone rotation.
Required Documents :
Please provide a CV and cover letter in English or in French.
Please apply through the Careers page on the CEA Website or send your application to ParisCV@ceastudyabroad.com