Nom du programme/ université/Program or University Name : API for Parsons Paris
Intitulé du poste/Job Title : Career Services Coordinator
Nature du poste/Job Type : Full-time
Lieu du poste/Location : Paris
Type de contrat : CDD
job description :
Position availability :
Parsons Paris, the European campus of Parsons School of Design in New York City, was established in 1921 as the first American art and design school in Paris. Part of The New School, Parsons Paris is an international community of about 300 students from over 50 nationalities committed to tackling the challenges of an evolving world with creativity and intellectual rigor. It offers innovative English language bachelor's and master’s degree programs in fashion, strategic design management, and art, media, and technology.
API has been a partner of Parsons Paris since 2013 and has been offering student support services within the Office of Student Success.
API is looking for a Career Services Coordinator with strong organizational skills and a
pedagogical approach to community building to join the Student Success Team.
The outline is not comprehensive and this is an evolving position, requiring flexibility and willingness to modify overall work details to fit the needs of the university.
S/he will work with and under the direction of the Director of Career Services to provide broad administrative support in the area of professional development and internships while reporting to the API Resident Director to assist in emergency response and general student support as needed. The API Career Services Coordinator for Parsons Paris reports to the API Head ofAdministration (based in Grenoble, France) for Human Resource and employment.
Office located in Paris 1er (Opéra) and Romainville (secondary campus).
Professional Development of Current Students
- Inform, remind and help students with their Internship agreements
- Update the tracking sheet to list students, employers, duration, feedbacks
- Build and update the Internship database
- Create and optimize documentation, organizational systems, and processes
- Provide regular reports and accurate data regarding workshops & events throughout the
- Assist in creating and analyzing student surveys for Student Success topics
- Create feedback surveys via google forms and analyze responses in order to improve events
- Communicate and follow up with students about weekly workshops and other events
Career Services Communications within Parsons Paris
- Establish and cultivate relationships with administrators and faculty to ensure accurate and
timely communication of student needs, obstacles, and questions.
- Community management via social media, content creation
- Working with Parsons Paris’ Communications Director to promote Career events and
Company Relations and Engagement
- Contact with companies as needed for internships and events, managing company postings
- Organization and back office support of Career Services events such as the annual Career
- Represent Career Services (outside of normal business hours when needed).
- Develop the alumni community and support services
- Recruiting alumni for events and mentoring of current students
- Managing an alumni database
- As an API team member, this role will also be responsible for periodically being on call
(carrying an emergency phone). Team members need to stay within the Greater Paris region
when on call.
- Parsons Paris and API believe in a holistic approach to student support, so even as a Career
Services Coordinator, you will need to support student well being.
● Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator), Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google
Drive, Tableau, MailChimp, WordPress etc.
● Strong organizational skills
● Ability to work on multiple projects both independently & as part of a team,
self-motivated, ability to take initiative
● Experience with social media, database management & web content management
● Interpersonal skills and intercultural literacy
● A demonstrated sensitivity to diverse student needs and cultural differences
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● 1-3 years of administrative experience in an educational environment, or equivalent
experience. Experience working with American students is a plus.
● Fluency in English and French.
● Eligibility to work in the EU
● Understanding of/experience in US higher education
● Familiarity of Paris and French employment
The Career Services Coordinator will serve as part of a 24/7 on-call emergency response rotation, sharing an emergency phone with the other members of the API Parons Paris team.
The position primarily requires working in Parsons Paris's Student Success office. Representing Parsons Paris Career Services may occur outside of normal business hours when needed.
Required Documents :
Resume and cover letter in English and French
Marie de Rocca-Serra: email@example.com