Nom du programme/ université/Program or University Name : CIEE
Intitulé du poste/Job Title : CIEE Study Center Paris - Center Director
Nature du poste/Job Type : Administration / Management
Lieu du poste/Location : PARIS 6EME
Type de contrat : CDI
job description :
Position availability :
The Director works closely with a core management team who are responsible for the effective, timely, and on-budget delivery of these program aspects:
- Academic Program: Ensure that the academic department meets its goals in the planning and delivery of the CIEE Paris programs to include overseeing internship opportunities, hiring, managing and developing academic faculty; producing course syllabi and materials, managing academic matters of students, etc.
- Student Services: Ensure that the student life team meets its goals in the development and oversight of student services, including visas, pre-departure orientation, on-site orientation and activities, implementation of CIEE health, safety, and security protocols and procedures, etc.
- Human Resources: Maintain overall responsibility for all center staff and faculty; plan and execute a strategy to fill key positions necessary for the delivery and development of programs and all operations
- Health, Safety and Security: Work with staff to ensure compliance with CIEE standards for health, safety and security
- Program Evaluation: Oversee the management of the student evaluation processes in accordance to the policies and protocols of CIEE and the partner institutions and other stakeholders.
- Financial and Legal Management: Serve as managing director of the legal entities and assume related responsibilities
- Facilities and Student Housing Management: Ensure that the operations team achieves its goals related to the smooth and efficient operation and maintenance of the facility, student accommodation and housing, etc.
- External Relations/Community Engagement: Ensure the development and implementation of strategies to increase awareness of CIEE’s mission and goals throughout the Paris community, engaging and networking with all relevant stakeholders. Ensure that CIEE Paris meets CIEE standards and complies with locally applicable standards and laws
- Marketing: Support the production of CIEE promotional materials by providing updates, content and other information as requested.
- Other: Participate as needed and possibly present at the CIEE Annual Conference or at other professional meetings; other duties as assigned
Successful applicants will be seasoned professionals with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a leadership role within study abroad, international educational exchange, or a related higher education institutional setting. A Ph.D. is preferred, while a master’s degree is required. In addition, applicants with the following experience and skills are particularly sought:
- Relevant work experience France
- Leadership – Proven ability to build and lead teams through the complexities and challenges in a constantly changing environment
- Staff management – Demonstrated ability to manage teams and deliver strong results
- Financial management – Demonstrated experience in developing and managing complex budgets and ensuring compliance
- Extremely strong servicing skills and superior judgment: ability to resolve issues fairly, expediently, and cost-effectively
- Academic culture – In-depth knowledge of and first-hand experience with U.S. and French academic institutions and their cultures and processes
- Interpersonal skills– Ability to engender the trust and confidence of several stakeholders and be able to deal effectively with a wide variety of often sensitive issues
- Superior written and verbal communication skills – Ability to effectively communicate with students, U.S. university partners, faculty, local authorities, and CIEE staff internationally
- Exemplary ambassador of CIEE and its mission and programs
CIEE believes that diversity matters and that professionals with diverse backgrounds provide diverse approaches and ideas to solving problems and finding ways to advance our mission to bring the world together. Candidates from underrepresented groups with diverse backgrounds and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
A Ph.D. is preferred, while a Master’s Degree is required.
CIEE is a nonprofit study abroad and intercultural exchange organization that transforms lives and builds bridges between individuals and nations through study abroad and international exchange experiences that help people develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world.
The Center Director of CIEE Paris will have the overall responsibility for the management of all aspects of the Center, overseeing planning and delivery of all CIEE programs, recruiting, and developing the Center’s core team and ensuring the highest levels of quality and customer satisfaction. CIEE Paris offers a wide variety of programs. Its signature Open Campus Block (OCB) enables students to design a program from six to 36 weeks, in up to three different locations per semester. Additionally, CIEE Paris offers a semester program for students with advanced French language skills, and two (2) summer programs for college students. CIEE Paris also hosts college-level faculty-led and custom programs, internship opportunities, summer and January term courses. The program portfolio is rounded out by semester, full-year, and summer opportunities for high school students.
All programs are defined by the highest standards of educational quality, providing access to students of diverse backgrounds.
All full-time staff take turns in managing the emergency phone for a period of one week at a time.
Travel typically involves the yearly CIEE conference and may include additional trips to regional hubs for training.
Required Documents :
Applicant must have authorization to work in France.
Please submit a resume and cover letter through the CIEE website: