Nom du programme/ université/Program or University Name : CIEE Paris
Intitulé du poste/Job Title : Custom Program Assistant
Nature du poste/Job Type : Full time administrative employe
Lieu du poste/Location : Paris 6ème arrondissement
Type de contrat : Temporary
job description :
Position availability :
Founded in 1947, CIEE (Council on International Educational Exchange) sees it as its primary missions to humanize international relations and foster peace through international education and exchange programs that promote intercultural understanding.
A nonprofit, non-governmental study abroad and intercultural exchange organization, CIEE sponsors a wide variety of opportunities for the exchange of ideas and experiences and helps people develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world.
The CIEE Paris center opened in 1973. Today, the center hosts a variety of programs, including Open Campus Block (OCB) and French and Critical Studies (FCS) every term. It also organizes custom and faculty-led programs (FAC). Our study center is currently located in the 6th arrondissement on the campus of the Alliance Française.
Summary of Position
We are seeking a custom program/faculty-led assistant, also called FAC assistant (FAC A).
The FAC A will be part of the academic department. They will work closely with the FAC manager. Together, they will plan, deliver and manage the custom programs as per the request of the institution in charge of the program.
The FAC A will also accompany the FAC groups during activities, in or outside Paris; this may also include overnight trips. They will be the resource person for the group and go the extra mile to make sure our custom programs are successful.
During the preparation phase, the FAC will be in contact with our program manager team in Portland, US institutions, as well as accommodation, transportation and activity providers.
They will support our customers by addressing all requests which may arise and resolving all kinds of issues which may happen to groups travelling abroad, with the objective of delivering high-quality programs as per CIEE standards and requirements.
As part of the academic team, the person will also oversee the coordination of our classroom logistics as we will most likely use different facilities. They will also be the first point of contact for our lecturers regarding the daily academic routines of the center.
The FAC A will also strongly be involved with the general running of the center and will, for instance, be part of the team preparing and delivering the arrival and orientation days for our study abroad programs.
They will also participate in the emergency phone number duty rotation after completing required CIEE training.
The role is highly collaborative and involves a high level of organization, attention to detail and skills in conflict mediation. The FAC A will be the face of CIEE for our customers and partners and will thus need to always demonstrate a high level of professionalism.
This is not a comprehensive list of duties and the FAC A may be called upon to assume other responsibilities depending on the needs of the Study Center.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Build or finalize program calendars
· Make reservations according to these calendars and confirmations whenever needed
· Liaise with the US program manager team and faculty participants before the groups travel
· Provide all information needed or requested to the groups, before and during travel
· Accompany groups during CIEE-planned activities and suggest other activities directly to the groups; which may happen during evenings, week-ends, and include overnights
· In general, liaise with the groups to verify their welfare, safety and security
· Deal with any health issues, as per CIEE Health, Safety and Security protocols and guidelines
· Brief the FAC helpers who will be in charge of some of the groups during the peak season
· Answer requests and offer solutions whenever applicable and feasible
· Coordinate with the different facilities we use for our classrooms
· Answer questions from accompanying faculty in Custom Programs
· Be their point of contact for any other questions which the FAC A will relay to the academic department
· Participate in other tasks related to study abroad programs: airport arrivals, check-in at residences, orientation meetings, activities, etc.
· Participate in the 24/7 emergency phone duty rotation
· High degree of emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills
· Excellent organizational skills and punctuality
· Reactivity, strong problem-solving skills, solution-oriented approach to problems and ability to remain calm in situations of crisis
· Strong oral and written communication skills, including intercultural communication skills
· Fluency in both French and English (ability to conduct phone calls, write emails, hold diplomatic/civil conversations in both languages)
· Excellent knowledge of Paris (attractions, museums, neighborhood, restaurants, etc.)
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Enthusiasm, patience, creativity, flexibility, and a good sense of humor
· Familiarity with the American culture and way of life
· Ability to work on a flexible schedule, including evening and weekend work when Custom Programs are in Paris
· Ability to work with and address different interlocutors: college students, faculty at CIEE, US staff, fellow Paris team members, and all types of providers
· Authorization to work in France
· Ideally, experience in tourism or event organization
· If possible, experience with youth or in counseling work, preferably in a cross-cultural setting
· Solid computer abilities (Microsoft Office and Internet proficiency)
· Full-time position (35 hours per week)
· 1 week emergency phone rotation duty per 7-8 week cycle approximately
· Activities with students may happen during evenings, week-ends, and include overnights
Required Documents :
Please send a CV and cover letter in French or English to the e-mail address provided below.
If you meet the requirements above and check several of the preferences, or for further inquiries, please contact the Center Director for the CIEE Paris Center, Delphine Mauny (DMauny@ciee.org).