Nom du programme/ université/Program or University Name : The American University of Paris
Intitulé du poste/Job Title : First-year Residential Life Assistant
Nature du poste/Job Type : Full time
Lieu du poste/Location : Paris
Type de contrat : CDD
job description :
Position availability :
Ensure processing of new student housing registration via the online checklist, processing new student registrations in CAMS and communicating placement and billing information directly to students.
- Assist manager with tracking of student housing payments, sending reminders to students who have not met payment deadlines.
- Respond to student and parent email inquiries on housing related concerns within a timely manner.
- Ensure that all students in a roommate share have filled out the AUP Roommate agreement.
- Update existing surveys and webforms to reflect changing processes and policies.
- Assist manager with coordination of housing activities for landing day and orientation week.
- Assist manager in writing and sending of various student communications: welcome letter, proof of housing, registration email, payment emails.
- Assist manager in recruiting and training Resident Assistants for AUP Residence Halls, serving as a staff contact for Resident Assistants if/when manager is unavailable
- Monitor maintenance issues raised by students to our various housing providers, ensuring that issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Meet with and counsel students who present roommate issues, referring more serious conflicts to the Manager of Residential Life.
- Coordinate student housing meetings in case of misconduct.
- Monitor RA-submitted incident reports, signaling any major issues to manager.
- Assist manager in gathering data necessary for annual department assessment report.
- Regularly visit apartments following student concerns in order to check on maintenance.
- Assist manager with the roommate placements as needed, including coordination of the roommate placement survey.
- Other appropriate tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Computer literate: previous experience using Microsoft Office required, database fluency a plus.
- High-energy person with a positive outlook
- Cultural sensitivity; experience studying/working in highly diverse environments
- BTS equivalent
- Bilingual English/French
Previous experience as a resident advisor in a student dormitory, or as a peer counselor preferred
Required Documents :
EEC passport or full work permit
Jennifer Larsen: email@example.com