Nom du programme/ université/Program or University Name : CIEE Paris
Intitulé du poste/Job Title : Internship Coordinator
Nature du poste/Job Type : Part-time administrative employee
Lieu du poste/Location : Paris 6e arrondissement
Type de contrat : Temporary (January 2023-July 2023)
job description :
Position availability :
Founded in 1947, CIEE (Council on International Educational Exchange) sees it as its primary to humanize international relations and foster peace through international education and exchange programs that promote intercultural understanding.
A nonprofit, non-governmental study abroad and intercultural exchange organization, CIEE sponsors a wide variety of opportunities for the exchange of ideas and experiences and helps people develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world.
The CIEE Paris center opened in 1973. Today, the center hosts a variety of programs, including Open Campus Block (OCB) and French and Critical Studies (FCS) every term. Our study center is currently located in the 6th arrondissement on the campus of the Alliance Française.
Summary of Position
The Internship Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the preparation and implementation of the CIEE summer internship program. The IC will review student application materials and interview candidates. The IC will supplement CIEE’s existing internship network by recruiting new internship site partners in diverse fields (business, marketing, international relations, health, arts, etc.). They will confirm that all internship partners follow health and safety protocol onsite. The IC will match interns to corresponding placements in accordance with their experience and academic goals. The IC will respond to intern and partner questions and assist both parties in resolving conflicts and navigating cultural differences. The IC will follow up with interns and partners during and after the program to ensure a positive and successful experience.
Timeline of Position Objectives
January 2023 – February 2023
• Complete all training modules
• Brainstorm and implement plan to recruit and onboard new internship partners
• Review intern applications and organize pre-placement interviews
March 2023 – April 2023
• Complete pre-placement interviews
• Match candidates to internship partners and organize remote interviews to confirm placements
April 2023 – May 2023
• Draw up contracts and gather necessary documents
• Finalize internship placements and share across platforms
• Respond to any last student or partner questions
May 2023 – July 2023
• Support interns and placements during program
• Conduct mid-point check ins and final evaluations with both interns and placements
• High degree of emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills, including record keeping and documentation
• Strong problem-solving skills, solution-oriented and ability to deliver under pressure
• Affinity for networking
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including intercultural communication skills and ability to work with diverse communities
• Fluency in both French and English (able to conduct phone interviews, in-person interviews, write emails and draft contracts in both languages)
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Knowledge of Paris and close suburbs
• Enthusiasm, patience, creativity, flexibility, and a good sense of humor
• Familiarity with French labor law and local industries
• Familiarity with American cultural norms
• Experience in networking and/or sales
• If possible, experience with higher education or human resources preferably in a cross-cultural setting
• Solid computer abilities (Microsoft Office and Internet proficiency)
• Must be authorized to work in France
• Part-time position (18 hours per week)
• Occasional visits to internship sites within Paris region
Required Documents :
Please send a CV and cover letter in French or English to the e-mail address provided below.
If you meet the requirements above and check several of the preferences, or for further inquiries, please contact the Center Director for the CIEE Paris Center, Delphine Mauny (DMauny@ciee.org).