Student Advisor – AIFS -Paris
Nom du programme/ université/Program or University Name : AIFS Paris
Intitulé du poste/Job Title : Student Advisor - AIFS
Nature du poste/Job Type : Full-time
Lieu du poste/Location : Paris
Type de contrat : CDD
job description :
Position availability :
- To participate in an on-site team to deliver information services, a cultural programme, adjunct courses, counselling/advice and housing services to visiting U.S. students and faculty.
- To be available to handle specific personal problems and concerns of individual students as they arise.
- To provide emergency assstance to students as part of a rotating team of on-call staff members.
- Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, to assist in the planning of upcoming AIFS programmes booking guides, coaches, organising fieldtrips, housing, classrooms, and other programme components as
- To assist in the preparation of social functions.
- To assist in welcoming, and meeting with, US campus administrators during site visits.
• Fluency in English and French.
• Good interpersonal skills and a confident and helpful manner to relate to American faculty and students in a customer service role.
• Good organisational and administrative skills.
• Numeracy and ability to maintain records of expenditure. • A working knowledge of Social Media platforms.
• Pride in work; flexibility; ability to work as part of a team, to be able to prioritise and meet deadlines.
• Interest in working in the abroad field.
A degree or equivalent, preferably with time spent living/studying abroad.
- Occasional evening duties, weekend work and travel away from Paris (cultural events, welcome receptions, extended office hours, overnight excursions etc.). This will require working extended hours via a flexi-time-arrangement.
- To provide emergency assistance to students with the aid of a duty mobile telephone as part of a rotating, on-call team.
Required Documents :
Full CV in English/French
Any relevant references.
Please send a current CV and covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role to Jane Downs at email@example.com. The application deadline is Tueday May 2nd, 2023 with interviews to be held on a rolling basis.
Applicants must be able to provide documentary evidence of their eligibility to work in France.