Nom du programme/ université/Program or University Name : St. John's Paris Association
Intitulé du poste/Job Title : St. John's Paris Residence Director
Nature du poste/Job Type : full-time
Lieu du poste/Location : Paris 75006
Type de contrat : CDI
job description :
Position availability :
The Residence Director serves as the primary live-in administrator. The Residence Director provides day-to-day support regarding facilities maintenance, student support, dining services, student wellbeing, and student conduct. The Residence Director reports to the Director and supervises two to three part-time Resident Assistants.
- Provide day-to-day support for the Residence Hall Community.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the residence and facilities of the Paris Campus to ensure a safe, well-maintained student environment.
- Enforce residence life policies and serve as student conduct administrator as needed.
- Track facilities and maintenance systems including housing, dining, housekeeping, maintenance, classrooms, laundry services, campus keys, IT, surveillance and security systems.
- Maintain close communication with front desk staff, nighttime and weekend security staff, housekeeping staff, kitchen staff, maintenance staff, and IT support staff.
- Provide first line of response for all tech support issues and non-network-related IT maintenance in Paris. Coordinate with IT in Rome for additional support and IT direction.
- Oversee the occupation grid, damage assessment, health and safety inspections, and room condition reports in cooperation with the Intendant of the Maison Mere to ensure that rooms are turned over in a timely manner and always in acceptable condition.
- Conduct weekly building inspections. Maintain inventories of all residence hall equipment and furnishings.
- Manage meal tracking in coordination with the kitchen, the Maison Mere Intendant, and the business office in New York.
- Cooperate with the Intendant of the Maison Mere to make sure the SJU campus is well maintained and compliant with the requirements set by the CMs.
- Manage check-in and check-out and coordinate summer bed rental clients - arrivals, departures, orientations, IT support, and meal plans.
- Supervise hall opening and closing procedures at the beginning and end of each semester and during vacation periods and breaks.
- Participate in daily administrative activities in coordination with Paris colleagues to support the smooth functioning of the programs. Attend weekly student meetings along with other Paris staff.
- Work to ensure the health, safety and general welfare of all students on St. John’s Paris program in keeping with protocols and guidelines established by St. John’s.
- Serve as primary resource for student health and safety on campus, dealing with crises and emergencies as they arise. Coordinate response to such emergencies as needed, in a manner consistent with SJU’s emergency response protocols.
- Recruit, train, and supervise a staff of two/three Resident Assistants on proper safety and reporting protocols and procedures. Monitor work performance and compliance with SJU procedures and provide on-going training as needed. Plan and conduct weekly RA meetings. Advise and support RAs in matters of student services, discipline, and building management.
- Plan and execute training program for Resident Assistants and front desk staff.
- Amend Residence Director, Resident Assistant, and Front Desk manuals to reflect needs, policies and procedures specific to the Paris Campus and update as needed. Assist with the 24/7 on-call student emergency response rotation. Assist with coordinating response to such emergencies as needed, in a manner consistent with SJU’s emergency response protocols.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and teamwork skills; courtesy, tact, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people in a multicultural environment and with a geographically disbursed team. Familiarity with U.S. higher education, U.S. study abroad practices, and/or U.S. residence life.
- Strong client service orientation.
- Strong relationship management.
equired Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 1-2 years related experience in the study abroad field.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s in related field.
- 3-5 years related experience in the study abroad field.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Authorized to work in the Schengen area.
- Fluent in French and English.
- Experience with educational systems in both France and the US.
- Flexible work schedule.
This position manages part-time employees in the Residence Life department and is responsible for the hiring and performance management of the employees within that department. The position supervises the following employees:
- Two/three Resident Assistants
This position operates in a professional office environment and is required to use standard office equipment such as personal computers, printers, copiers, multimedia equipment, etc.
No peculiar physical demands are required other than occasional walking deriving from field trips/site visits with students.
No peculiar environmental conditions apply.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full-time position of 35 hours per week, as per French CBA. Office hours are Monday to Friday with occasional evening/weekend/public holiday worked due to programmatic needs or emergencies.
Required Documents :
Cover letter in English.
To Apply, please visit