Nom du programme/ université/Program or University Name : CIEE Toulouse
Intitulé du poste/Job Title : Food, Nutrition and Culture Instructor- CIEE Toulouse
Nature du poste/Job Type : Instructor
Lieu du poste/Location : Toulouse
Type de contrat : CDD/Autoentrepreneur
job description :
Position availability :
Founded in 1947, CIEE (Council on International Educational Exchange) sees it as its primary mission to humanize international relations and foster peace through international education and exchange programs that promote intercultural understanding.
A nonprofit, non-governmental study abroad and intercultural exchange organization, CIEE sponsors a wide variety of opportunities for the exchange of ideas and experiences and helps people develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world.
The CIEE Toulouse center opened in 2015. Today, the center hosts a variety of programs, including semester and summer Language and Culture and Business and Culture programs, all year and summer High School programs as well as a variety of faculty-led programs.
We are now looking for a lecturer to teach summer 23 Food, Nutrition and Culture course in English. This is a 45-hour course to be taught between June 13 and July 7. Group size typically ranges from 8 to 15 students.
CIEE uses the learning management system Canvas for its study programs. Our courses involve active student learning, skill development, inclusive teaching techniques and experiential learning activities (site visits, attending events, guest speakers, round table discussions).
- A high level of fluency in English (beyond the subject matter to be taught)
- At least a Master's degree in Food studies or sociology or anthropology with a focus on food studies and/or relevant professinal experience in the field
- Ability to design and run cuisine workshops
- Prior experience with teaching, both face-to-face and online
- Familiarity with U.S. higher education, especially when it comes to grading standards and everyday communication with diverse student audiences
- Interest in pedagogy and methodology, as well as experimenting with new teaching techniques and approaches
- Excellent interpersonal skills such as listening, fostering classroom discussion, articulating lectures with more open activity formats, and enthusiasm about course materials
- Previous experience with online Learning Management Systems such as Canvas in a teaching or professional setting
- Interest in addressing students with diverse backgrounds and levels of familiarity on the subject, and getting them to collaborate
- Resourcefulness and creativity with the organization of site visits or guest speaker interventions in the course's learning sequence, and generally with learning outside the classroom.
- Legal permission to work in France (CIEE does not sponsor visas)
- Hourly rate is 65 euros (autoentrepreneur) and includes an onboarding online training, course design and preparation, course management, accompanying site visits, teaching and assessment/grading. We can work both through short-term contracts (CDD) and billing from freelancers.
Required Documents :
Please send a CV and cover letter to the address provided below
If you meet the requirements above and check several of the preferences, or for further inquiries, please contact the Program Director for the CIEE Toulouse Center, Isabelle Jaffe (firstname.lastname@example.org)