The European Association of Study Abroad E.U.A.S.A. is a group of national Associations that represent primarily North American programs operating in Europe. This not for profit organization seeks to give visibility and advocacy to study abroad programs to facilitate student mobility within Europe, to foster international understanding and to improve communication, standards of best practice and share key information useful to all members of the association.
- 2 letters & 2 responses from the EU Commission
- 1 letter to the US State Dept that resulted in a video conference with DOS and CDC
- 4 community chats in (Fall 2020)
- Workshop on DEI (collegues from APUNE) Spring 2021
- Several letters and a video conference with the CEO of The Forum
- Met with group from Portugal to assist them in setting up Assoc.
- Planning of virtual conference on Feb 10-11, 2022
Tuesday, October 12 | 16 :00 – 17 :00
Title: Finding Order: Navigating Pandemic Protocols
The APUAF team that created the Covid-19 Fact Sheets will provide a quick history of why and how these precious tools came together before opening the discussion of restarting our programs with new protocols affecting nearly every aspect of our programs.
- Lisa Fleury, Associate Director, Vassar-Wesleyan Program in Paris
- Alexandra Mitchell, Senior Director of Regional Programs, CEA
- Jeanne Fourneyron, Director, Tufts in Paris
- Amy Tondu, Associate Director, Middlebury College in France
Please register for this event:
Monday, November 15 | 17:00 – 18:00
Title: Technology & Study Abroad: Tool or Hindrance?
What has the COVID-19 emergency taught us about technology and study abroad? How can we leverage technology in our mission and delivery of authentic transformational experiences abroad?
- Michael Wright, Director of European Programs, Duquesne University
- Alana Sacriponte, Assistant Director, Duquesne in Rome
Please register for this event: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAofuitqTgsGNI6NKFg70N04Eo7K_XIRTgm
1ST EUASA Virtual Conference
February 10 and 11, 2022
The EUASA Conference Team has selected the following themes for the sessions.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in a European Study Abroad Context
- Study Abroad for Generation Z Students
- Mental Health for Staff and Students in Europe
- Evolving Hybridity in Teaching and Learning in Study Abroad
- Climate Action and Sustainability in European Study Abroad
- Drawing the Battle Lines: The Future of Study Abroad in Europe
Proposals are due by October 15, 2021, and can be submitted at this link.
Website and Public Communication Committee
- Responsible for maintenance, development, and updates for the EUASA website
- Responsible for increasing activity, membership, and posting on EUASA’s LinkedIn page
- Responsible for producing and distributing a bi-annual EUASA newsletter.
- Other avenues of public promotion and social media as required or suggested.
Political and Legal Committee
- Responsible for research and proposals related to political and legal aims of EUASA, including with the European Union
- Responsible for developing political relationships with government organizations, specifically the European Union with the aim of furthering the objectives of EUASA.
- Facilitate and conduct research of value to European Programs and their home institutions (e.g. Carbon Footprint of European Study Abroad, Europe-wide Economic Impact Study as possibilities)
- Conceive of and carry out a Europe-wide RD and onsite staff conference
- Interface with The Forum on their European conference (Milan, Oct 2022)
Outreach, Advocacy, and Community Building Group
- Responsible for representing Europe and EUASA at the table in sector discussions, through maintaining and developing links with Forum on Education Abroad, Education USA, NAFSA, EAIE, etc., and representing on-the-ground perspectives of Study Abroad
- Working to raise the profile of Study Abroad with host country governments, and with the European Union.
- Working to raise the profile of EUASA amongst host-country associations, staff and programs, to position EUASA as the pan-European representative body of study abroad.